Ma ka hana ka `ike
Knowledge is gained through experience
(literally, "in working one learns")
Aloha Kakou, Talofa , Bula Vinaka, Kia Orana , Ia Orana , Malo e Lelei, Kia Ora/ Tena koutou!
My name is Lisa Noelani Robbins and I am the Dance Instructor for Kinderhula based in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. My maiden name is Tam-Hoy. I was born and raised in the islands and I am a graduate of The Kamehameha Schools.
Learn from a real island girl. :-)
Kinderhula is a division of 'Ohana Arts Studio, Hampton Roads' (and the world's!) first arts and crafts studio and sewing lounge with an island touch.
'Ohana Arts Studio offers classes in sewing, Hawaiian quilting, crafts, etiquette, foreign languages for kids, and DIY workshops. We also offer Polynesian dance lessons, demonstrations, and performances via our Kinderhula and Polynesian Dance Studio divisions.
Mahalo (thank you) for your interest.
Why choose Kinderhula ?
* 'Ohana (family) comes first - I offer many family-friendly classes. Families are welcome and I offer a family discount on all of my studio classes.
* Our mission is to honor and perpetuate the traditions of our past. It is my goal to spread the aloha spirit by teaching and sharing these traditions with others.
* Quality instruction : Learn using professional programs with successful, progressive curriculums.
* The director/ head instructor is patient, caring, and safety-minded. I am a mom to 5 children. I also have had background searches via Girl Scouts, Newport News parks and rec, and York County parks and rec. I also maintain current first aid and cpr certification. Safety is number one with me.
* We offer unique services: hula, sewing, and more all under one roof!
* I was born and raised in the islands so you will definitely get a genuine cultural experience. Our dances are authentic and traditional with colorful and culturally-accurate costuming and choreography. Many of our dancers are real islandgirls, too!
* We go the extra mile to serve with a Polynesian smile and always with the Spirit of Aloha. Come experience the 'Ohana Arts Studio difference!
* You will receive personalized attention. You will have direct contact with the director and owner and all classes are small and personalized.
* We have affordable tuition and fees for our classes. We also offer reasonable prices for our Polynesian dance group performances and parties.
* Our studio is secure and spacious. Our new suite is about 1100 square feet.
* Opportunities are available for showcasing your talents. Community performances and an annual recital are available to my dance students and a fashion show is available for my sewing students. We also offer an annual Hula and Fashion Show depending on our schedule.
Please call me at 757.369.0996 or email me ate at email@example.com for more information, to register for a class, or to book an event. Mahalo! Thanks!
I offer demonstrations, lessons, parties, and special events for all age groups in Hampton Roads, the Outer Banks, and the Richmond area.
I am the Hampton Roads' Ambassador of Aloha. King David Kalakaua stated, "Hula is the language of the heart, and therefore the heartbeat of the Hawaiian people..." I continue that heartbeat. My mission is to perpetuate authentic Polynesian culture and traditions through education and dance. As a native to the islands, I strive to perpetuate our culture, traditions, and the aloha spirit.
Polynesian culture is full of protocols in which you do everything from your heart and with respect. This is what I teach and perpetuate.
Kinderhula provides not only instructional classes and performances, but also an educational and cultural experience for all students.
Kinderhula guarantees an authentic dance and cultural experience.
If Kinderhula classes are not convenient for you and your child, please contact me for a referral to find someone who is certified and knowledgeable about authentic Polynesian dancing. Enrolling in workshops or dance lessons does not automatically qualify someone to teach hula or any form of Polynesian dance. It takes years of practice, experience, and dedication. This is the Hawaiian way.
I teach authentic hula kahiko (ancient-style) and hula 'auana (contemporary-style) Hawaiian dances plus dances from Tahiti, New Zealand, Samoa, Tokelau, and the Cook Islands. You/ your child will learn correct pronunciation and terminology, how to use dance instruments (which will be supplied), learn authentic and correct Polynesian dancing techniques from a real islander, and overall have a genuine cultural experience.
My students will also learn to appreciate the art of dance. Your keiki (child/ren) will develop coordination and experience the gift of telling a story through dance. Polynesian dancing is fun, educational, and great exercise!
Please feel free to browse my website. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
A hui hou (Until we meet again)...
Mahalo (Thank you),
Lisa Noelani Robbins
Offering Classes, Performances for Special Events, Children's Lu'au Parties, Cultural Workshops, and more!
Proceeds benefit the Hula Preservation Society and various charitable organizations in Hawaii and Virginia, such as the Hawaii Foodbank and the Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula
Mahalo ia 'oe no ke kipa 'ana mai.
E kipa mai hou!
(Thank you for visiting. Come and visit again.)
Kinderhula is a registered trademark. All rights reserved.